Would you let the economy play a role in deciding to have another baby

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tobin123, Sep 22, 2010.

1. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    :cafWe have been thinking,AGAIN,about maybe having another child.Our son is turning 10 and we homeschool,we are comfortable with being a family of 3 BUT at times I get baby fever and even our son is asking for a sibling.My biggest worry is this economy,should it play a BIG role in our decision?Would you let it?We look at our finances very careful and watch what we spend and hubby makes sure that we are saving like we should.NO we are not rich but we are living comfortably our way.Yes I know the prices have gone up sooooo much but for some reason I just can't SHAKE:cd this baby thing?
    HELP any advice from others perhaps trying or thinking along the same road.

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    If you are living comfortably - not on welfare, can make all of your bill payments - go for it. I would not let the outside world affect such a personal decision unless my "inside world" (personal finances) was affected as well.

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Anyone who waits until they can afford children to have children will never have children.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    If everyone waited til the feel like they can afford or the economy is right no one would ever have kids [​IMG] I had only 1 for 5 years didnt want her to grow up alone so I had her sister(glad she was a girl cause Jenny said if it was a boy she was throwing him away) [​IMG] Then got divorced and remarried he had 3 so we ended up with 5 we did fine with our big brood, and have always struggled with money. I loved having a large family. So I have Jenny age 29. Andrea age 24 Sandy age 23 Bobby age 22 and Donny age 20. and have been married for 11 years

5. Ed62

Ed62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Waiting, then deciding to do it increases chances of problems as you age. Even if things get worse for the economy, you will find a way to make it. If you really want it, go for it.

Ed

6. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    do it do it do it! [​IMG]
    I waited on baby number 3, and it took me forever to get & stay pregnant. (well over a year)
    You just never know. if its what you both want then go for it!

7. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    :weeeTHANKS alot for your input.I do get the waiting for the right time will never happen BC there never will be a right time.Hubby and I are thinking that maybe stop the pill and see what happens.I am a planner but hey if he is willing for me to go off the pill,by gollie jim,I am on board!I just constantly think about what if this happens and this could happen.so I need to stop that.On thing that bothers me a little is that our son will be 10 and that is a big age gap.
    Blessings~[​IMG]

8. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Go for it! Sounds like you are at least thinking before you act! For me the bigger issue was time. Kids are so time consuming and it only gets busier as they get older....[​IMG]

9. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I would say go for it. I had my second this year. She wasn't really a planned child, but she is a blessing to our family. I would love to have a house filled with children, but my husband is happy with the two we have. I have done a lot better saving money with the second one. I use cloth diapers which saves a lot of money. Plus, I breastfeed which saves even more. She hasn't costed us a lot of money besides the hospital bill. I am thankful we have good insurance that paid most of it.

10. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Baby # 3. Born 09/20/10 at Yale New Haven Hospital. He is beautiful. Going to take him home in a few hours. The economy never figured into it, however I have a pretty good job as a paramedic. As with my birds " There's always room for one more."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by