Would you make your teen move with you??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by redhen, May 30, 2010.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Unless they were 18, I'd make my kid come with me.

2. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    What kind of charges could they file? She was still underage and under their care. Get real!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I know! HOW can they charge them with ANYTHING?? I just dont get it! Ugh....

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Really, they can't. The kid threw a tantrum. Pressing charges would just get dismissed.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Good lord! I am in VA and got that Amber Alert on my phone. Whew. Glad to know it was just a teenager being difficult!

Regarding the charges, if the 'abductors' werent her parents then I suppose that the 'child' could press assault charges. But, if they were her parents, then its iffy because of her age. Each state has different rules on how they treat a child that age.

IMHO its silly and that child should be punished for acting like an idiot and cause such a ruckus.

6. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I can't believe more people didn't call the police or try to follow the van. I agree that the parents had every right to take the girl but anytime a person is forced into a van with a struggle like that you SHOULD call the police and try to make sure the person is alright.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Thats just makes me sick!

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Teen girls can be SO dramatic......[​IMG]

Seriously though, if I witnessed that, it would scare the heck out of me and I would have definitely dialed 911. It bothers me that the lady with the bag walking by just veers out of their way a little and continues on.

9. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    but if they moved and had not taken her because she refused to go they would get charged with abounding her, I don't understand why they would even say that there maybe charges filed. it makes no sense.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by