Would you pay $500.00 for this? UPDATE WITH PICS - POST #23!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, May 17, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Stagecoach chick coop - $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-05-17, 1:42PM CDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I built an exact duplicate of the red and white chicken coop on this web site. http://chickenmobilestagecoach.com/
    As
    the web site states they are over $1000. I used treated lumber and painted it with a stain twice. It is the 4 x 10.

[​IMG]

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2386678725​

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    No -- but I might build one like it! [​IMG]

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

No

why is there not a picture of the one actually built? (not that I was asking you, just a wonderin')

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Good question. I will email him and see if he sends me a pic. I will post it when or IF I get a pic.

5. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    I wouldn't but my DH can build anything. I can see some people doing it if they had no resources whatsoever for building one and really wanted their chickens!

Edited for grammar. Just a little sleepy today!

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:Good question. I will email him and see if he sends me a pic. I will post it when or IF I get a pic.

That's a really good question!! The way he words it and sends the link you'd think the pic was his unless you look at it! And I don't think I'd pay that much for it!!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! The retail for $1200. $500 is a steal!!!!

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

That's a really good question!! The way he words it and sends the link you'd think the pic was his unless you look at it! And I don't think I'd pay that much for it!!

You're right. To be honest, when I first read the ad, I thought that pic in the ad was what HE built until I clicked on the link and looked carefully. It's misleading. If I spent all my time AND money and built a duplicate like that, I would have 3 or 4 pics from different angles (inside AND outside the coop) with details about nesting boxes, run, roosts, etc. I would REALLY want to sell this thing.

Of course, I wouldn't buy this but I was just curious to see who would spend $500.00 on this.

I emailed this guy and asked him to send me a pic. I will keep you all update. I hope that he doesn't email me back and say that he doesn't have any pics. I will fall out laughing if he does. [​IMG] And if that is the case, then this is a SCAM.

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Yea, that makes sense. I have someone that I can show a pic of anything to and he can build it. I know everyone doesn't have that same type of resource.

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    They have Them for sale around here for the same price. I would never pay that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by