Would you take a chicken to a nursing home?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lengel, May 10, 2009.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    MIL really wants to see one of our chickens. Would you take a chicken to a nursing home? What precautions would you take? PS The staff doesn't care.

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OH MY GOODNESS YESSSSSS!!!!!! If I could I would in a heartbeat!!!! I worked at a nursing home for years and there are so many people who would be just overjoyed!!! I say go for it and let your sweet chickie spread some happiness!!!

3. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    As long as you are sure there are no diseases that could harm anyone then I say GO FOR IT!!

4. leearealake

leearealake Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    hey if its ok with every one that would be cool i have worked in nursing homes and in home care and alot of the elderly have had chickens and have fun stories about them, and anything like that would make there day.[​IMG]

5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Get a chicken diaper! [​IMG]

6. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I have brought some chicks to visit my Grandmother in the nursing home. Her, the nurses, and everyone else LOVED them.

7. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I also worked in nursing homes for years and I say go for it! YES!!!!! I would do it too. Remember most of the residents NEVER get company, family visitors so they are lonely and in need of something to lift their spirits!

8. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    People take pets all the time as long as it's ok with the staff. I say yes! People in nursing homes need that <3

9. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Quote:That would work [​IMG]

10. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OMG YES!!! Our 4-H club takes the 4-H show animals(the small ones) to the nursing home every year. The residents LOVE IT! They tell the kids stories of younger days when they had pets or showed them in 4-H and it is so nice to see the kids and the adults mingling and the smiles on the residents faces. Some hold the puppies and chickens and ducklings and just don't want to let them go! It is an awesome thing to do! You WONT REGRET IT!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by