WOW!!! $15.40 for shipping!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pamperedpoultry, May 19, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I've been shipping eggs for about 4 months now, just started getting into saleing my eggs. I normally charge a flat rate of $10.00 Never had any to go over that. I sent one today from VA to AK $14.70 for shipping and $.70 for confirmation. I guess ya just never know.. The box had 15 standard Cochin eggs and 3 Jap bantam eggs. Well had to rant for a few..LOL

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Stick with flat rate boxes. Everyone pays the same no matter where they are.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:If you do the postage online and print it yourself it is a bit cheaper.

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yep... flat-rate boxes are the way to go. $9.85 online for the (now) medium sized boxes, and $13.50 for the large. No matter where or how much it weighs. Only time it's cheaper to ship eggs is if you're sending a dozen button quail eggs in a little 4x4" box. [​IMG]

BTW... a little birdie told me there might be some Japs in that box? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I shipped 9 eggs in a tube at it was $7.60 priority mail. And the tube worked really, really well. All eggs were in tact upon arrival.

7. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I normally ship in the #4 , #7 or the shoe box. I've had them be as cheap is $4.75 and the Highest was $9.70 until now the Hight is the $15.40

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by