WOW! Amazing hatch rate!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SundownWaterfowl, Aug 15, 2010.

1. I shipped 16 buff silkie eggs to WA. And just got an email from the lady I shipped them to. Out of the 16, 12 were viable, and all 12 hatched. [​IMG] Thats amazing!

Hello Chelsea,

A short note to tell you that out of the 12 eggs that were viable, I had 12 GORGEOUS buff babies born last night. Just wanted you to know, and thank-you so much for the eggs and now the beautiful babies, I am very pleased and happy with them, they are all keepers. So glad we perservered and got the eggs to me, it has worked out wonderfully well.​

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    You deserve a steak dinner for that! Truly amazing!

3. bragabit

bragabit Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    How far away was the buyer from you??

Dang, I'll by from you if you are getting hatch rates like that.

4. Paaz1120

Paaz1120 Chirping

May 15, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Quote:
    WONDERFUL!! CONGRATS!!!

How do you pack the eggs to ship and what did you put on the box? I am planning on sending some eggs from Mesa,AZ to Wampum, PA. and i want to make sure I am packing them really well to make the trip.
    Thank you!

5. Quote:Im in NY and they are in Washington State.

6. Quote:
    WONDERFUL!! CONGRATS!!!

How do you pack the eggs to ship and what did you put on the box? I am planning on sending some eggs from Mesa,AZ to Wampum, PA. and i want to make sure I am packing them really well to make the trip.
    Thank you!

I wrap each egg individually in bubblewrap, and cushion them with lots of shredded paper. I show on my website how I pack. www.freewebs.com/sundownwaterfowl

Her
    box was labled "Hatching Eggs. Do not drop, jar, or expose to extreme hot or cold" I also put "Please handle with care. Thank You!".

I had another box go to TN I believe, I think I also sent 16 eggs and just got an email that said all eggs are growing. [​IMG]

Wish my hatch rates from shipped eggs were like that. [​IMG]

7. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    I would like to add I also got eggs from Sundownwaterfowl, 7 out of 8 survived the trip, and 5 hatched! I am very happy, 5 fuzzy Silkies!

8. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have had two 100 percent hatches with shipped eggs this year. i shipped then from tenn to illonois and florida. 15 out of 15. my girls and roos are still getting treats.

9. bragabit

bragabit Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    That is a great distance!! Good job! Make sure you PM if you are selling any more eggs [​IMG]

10. Quote:Thank You!

Ive been listing them on ovabid and featherauction under the name SundownSilkies. I update the listings on my homepage of my website.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by