wow, early pipping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickangel79, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Chickangel79

Chickangel79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    I have ten chocolate orpington bantam eggs in the incubator and 6 have pipped today, they are due on Sunday 19th, my temp has stayed spot on 37.7 no fluctuation at all. The other 4 have internally pipped. I have bought from this seller on ebay before and the last lot, same breed, all hatched spot on 21 days. I am sure they will fine but was wondering why so early ?

2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i have also had eggs hatch this early with no problems. keep an eye on them and good luck!!

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    You too? [​IMG] I have one early pip and my day 21 for the eggs is this Sunday, too. I hope your hatch goes well!

4. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Mine usually hatch on day 20, but that is REALLY early! Maybe they were pre-incubated for you during the journey? Has it been hot where you are?

5. Chickangel79

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    Yay !!! Other premies !!!!!! I hope you all have a good hatch too !! I timed mine so I would be in all day and now they are early! I have two jobs to do tomorrow and hope I don't miss them! Typical isn't it?

6. Chickangel79

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    Quote:It's been average temp of can't 17c here I think that's low 60s in US. So I don't think so, but you never know where or how the sellers store them I suppose.

7. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:I did the same thing, I wanted them to hatch on the weekend so I could watch them! I've hatched eggs before, and each time it is amazing and fascinating as the chicks work their way out of the eggs. I literally get nothing done on the hatch weekend, I just watch the 'bator all day [​IMG]

8. Chickangel79

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    Quote:I did the same thing, I wanted them to hatch on the weekend so I could watch them! I've hatched eggs before, and each time it is amazing and fascinating as the chicks work their way out of the eggs. I literally get nothing done on the hatch weekend, I just watch the 'bator all day [​IMG]

He he same !! My incubator is in the pantry and I am sitting on feed sacks matching them rock !! I know I will get up in the middle of the night and check. I have been hatching for two years and it never fails to amaze me.
    The kids ask ' wheres mum? ' the reply is always 'in the cupboard ' !!

9. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    That is so funny [​IMG]

It must truly be go time here, since three eggs are pipped now. My incubator is on the computer desk so I can watch the action unfold. No sleep for me tonight, I guarantee that!

10. Chickangel79

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    I wish I could have mine there but the kids would knock it. I have pip number 7!! You know, I have NEVER in two years caught an egg pip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by