Wow...first incubation for me....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by catlvr976, Apr 17, 2012.

1. catlvr976

catlvr976 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2007
    Near Meadville, Pa
    Hello everyone. I bought some eggs off a fellow BYC'er here and set them Friday evening. Just out of curiosity, I decided to candle them, even though it's early and I haven't done them all, but did at least 8 or 9.

I can see veining and a tiny little spot!!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to tell my kids when they come home from school! They've been helping to turn the eggs and checking the temp every day for me.

I can't wait until later in the week to see how things have changed...hopefully.

This is my first incubation that I'm in charge of...we did this when I was in 3rd grade and I remember it like it was yesterday.

My only question is and it may be too early to see, but how can you tell where the air cell is? And is there a best way to hold the egg while candling? When I did it, I seemed to have better luck if I held the egg almost sideways. Maybe cause it's so early yet.

I'm just so happy and excited. I have a very different feeling towards those eggs, knowing there's a little baby growing in them. It's just so weird, knowing there's something in there, but actually seeing it is something else!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by