Wow, how fast they grow! New weekly pics(lots!)page3 7/27

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    So I decided to take weekly pics of the flock so I can follow how fast they grow!!!

June....4/5 week OE

[​IMG]

Athena 3 week EE

[​IMG]

Minerva 3 week RiR

[​IMG]

Thalia 3 week ee

[​IMG]

Diana 3 week EE...she wouldn't sit still...this bird has a smaller tail than the other 2 ee's and has a lot of shoulder feathers when the other 2, of the same age, have none!!!! HHHMMMM lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pandora 4(ish) week RiR

[​IMG]

Venus...the model of the group! " Do this new feathers make my butt look fat?" lol

[​IMG]

Last week's pics: (going forward I will update on this post!)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529160

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. Smoosh

Smoosh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Love Venus!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. silkie101

silkie101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Plantcity Florida
    aww venus is soooooooooooo cute [​IMG]

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I love your chicks! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing! I have a Cuckoo Marans who was my model as a chick. She was very petite, so I named her Cuckoo Chanel after the famous designer Coco Chanel. [​IMG] but your Goddess of Love can't be beat!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  5. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    N&MSchroeder :

I love your chicks! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing! I have a Cuckoo Marans who was my model as a chick. She was very petite, so I named her Cuckoo Chanel after the famous designer Coco Chanel. [​IMG] but your Goddess of Love can't be beat!

Cuckoo Channel....haha too funny, love it!!!! I'm glad you got the name...how can I not name her after the goddes of love and beauty!?......as a matter of fact they all have Roman/Greek Goddesses names...and the Coop is called "Egglympus" hahahaha​

6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Very sweet!!

And I've got your Marans, too!! (as long as there are enough girls). Sammy hatched 5 out of 6 of the eggs she was setting on. I'm going to post pics on the Marans thread to see if they can tell me what color they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Are these the chicks you got at Eric & Le's swap. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:83% Hatch rate...NICE!!!!!! Let me know if you have a girl for me when [​IMG].....I'll sneak it in the brooder! lol

9. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:Yes and no....the older RIR the OE and the australorp I got at the swap...the other I got at a feed store by me the same day. [​IMG]

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Yes and no....the older RIR the OE and the australorp I got at the swap...the other I got at a feed store by me the same day. [​IMG]

I thought you said you got three, but my memory ain't what it used to be... Good luck with them!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by