wow i knew the day would come!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by peeboo, Jan 8, 2009.

1. peeboo

peeboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    i've been lucky since i got my girls. they're so great! One part of the whole chicken experience i really enjoy is when they fly up on my back, shoulders and what have you. jive talkin' in my ears. all warm and snuggly. i counted myself among the lucky few that hasn't gotten pooped on. i figured, meh, they respect me LOL. well my little rescued RIR hen rosie o doe was perched as per norm on my shoulder and i bent down to pet another darling hen and whammo!....she VIOLENTLY SPRAYED me across the face. in my ear, on my face, my hair, I died a little inside [​IMG] anyone else have similary experience?

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

First, [​IMG]
    Next, eeeeeewww! [​IMG] and [​IMG] Sorry, but that had to be a sight! [​IMG]
    Third, you are blessed that your girls love to hang out on you but your experience is why I don't have mine perching on my shoulder plus I don't trust mine to not peck me in/near the eye as I've seen them do to eachother.

Opps! I see you've been with BYC awhile, but Hello, glad to hear fm you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I don't like mine on my shoulders, either, both for reasons of pecking and pooping.

Not to mention that my BSL has muddied my back a few times when she's jumped on me recently!

4. peeboo

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    i know it's not the best of ideas but i just can't say no, once they're up there...all sweet and tucked into my cheek. i guess it's just their mind powers!

[​IMG]

5. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    ewwwwww [​IMG] lol sorry that happened to u the worst i got was chickens leaving me a present on my hand [​IMG]

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

What a cute Brahma! Saldy, yes, I've come across that problem once or twice.

7. peeboo

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    Good to know i'm not alone in these types of misadventures [​IMG] ahhhh, chicken forums....awesome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by