Wow I'm officially going crazy...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lswatson111304, Dec 14, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I bathed one of my silkies today. Why? Well she/he ? was wet and I read the bathing thread yesterday and I was like "Well, you are already wet from the rain" so I brought her in and gave her a warm bath. Wrapped her in a warm towel, and dried her to a beautiful fluff. Then we snuggled for a bit. Seriously, she was better to bathe than the kids. Or the dogs. LOL When I dried her off she just sat there eating it all up. I am in shock. I think I've lost my mind. LOL

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    You're not losing your mind. Chickens are much more appreciative of a warm bath than kids and dogs, so it's no wonder it was so enjoyable. Gads- I've got to bribe the kid and manhandle the dogs to get them into a tub. [​IMG]

Enjoy!

3. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I have one pullet who requires a bath every week to 10 days because she always seems to have poop stuck to her rear end. Since the first time, she has been very relaxed and cooperative in the kitchen sink, getting her bath and then on the counter as I blow dry her completely. In general, she doesn't particularly like being handled, but seems to enjoy the bathing and blow-drying. She must feel a whole lot better when she's done and clean.

4. ChickenLittle74

ChickenLittle74 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    This is my first time raising chickens and it amazes me at how docile some of my hens can be! Beatrice will let me hold her and give her a little massage under her wings. She closes her eyes and eats it right up! You're not crazy! Enjoy the time you get to spend with your babies!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by