WOW!!!!! LAVENDER Silkie Pullet for sale on Eggbid

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shaffer, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    For anyone searching for the rare and unusual thought you may be interested before the auction is over. It is not my bird or do I know the person who owns it. I had Lavender silkies and know how rare they really are and how hard they are to locate. HS

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    pretty bird pretty expensive!!
    Melia

3. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Melia,
    Yes, that bird appears expensive but if you figure the years it would take to produce it the price would be cheap. Quality always commanded the higher prices. I am sure it will even go higher than $200 where it is after one day. HS

4. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    You are right It will be interesting to see the final outcome
    Melia

5. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    i've been watching it for a few days the guy who sells it is a junior in high school i checked his site out great birds if you willing to pay

6. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    I guess I should have kept my two Lavender Roosters. HS

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Editing because it wasn't neccesary and don't want to start a war. hehe

Holy heck over $500! Yeep! Beautiful bird, though!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Just build another pen and start over! [​IMG]

9. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Sara,
    The cage is no problem. At $500 is still cheap if you consider how many chicks you'd have to breed to get one that good plus the years invested and the price of feed you would need to get that far. I will just stick to my Araucanas and Ameraucanas since I already have LF Lavenders now. It took me over 3 years just to get where I am at now just with only the blacks.
    Sara,
    You know you have to order chicks a year in advance to even get some and if the breeder is having a bad year you may have to wait 2 years or more.
    I sold my pure white Sumatras and there was only a handful of breeders that even had any of them and they wanted birds from me. I waited two years to get a black LF cockerel from one fellow and the way it looks it would have been 4 to 5 years because he isn't having any luck hatching them. I wanted one of his because they had no wattles, had real dark mulberry very small pea combs and the proper tail. HS

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Harry,
    I definately agree. I can already see how much money gets wrapped up in trying to develop quality birds of this lavender color, and I'm hardly even started.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by