1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wow, my babies really feathered out and grew up

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aduckstolemyheart, May 24, 2010.

1. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    My two ducklings seemed to be behind in development there for a bit but it seems in the just the week or so, they have grown up so much! They've finally feathered out nice and pretty and the little Mystery breed duckling (suspected swede mix) has really come into his own and is quite pretty I think! Georgie our Pekin hen duckling has gotten huge!

They are all getting along, yay! Except that Bella (Resident Drake) tries to mate with Leppy, who we assumed was a drake because he has not started quacking and I would think he would have had the voice change already if he was going to be a hen. Do drakes just try to mate with anything that breathes sometimes? lol
    Here they are now:

Leppy aka Mr. Handsome
    [​IMG]

Georgie and Leppy together:
    [​IMG]

2. aduckstolemyheart

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Oh and I swear, that water was fresh this morning....they are the biggest piglets in the in all the land lol

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Songster

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    They are very gorgeous. We have a resident that looks just like your mystery Leppy. Very pretty birds.

4. aduckstolemyheart

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Thank you! You know what kind your Drake is, or is he unknown as well?

I love Leps coloring and he has got the splash or REALLY brilliant green on his wings that's different from the rest of his black. He also has a few patches of it on his face too, but he wings are so bright.

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They're gorgeous. my ducklings dirtied the bath in less than 10 seconds yesterday!! [​IMG]

6. aduckstolemyheart

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    I know! I get the water all fresh and clean, and a couple hours later and it looks as if it hasn't been changed in a week! And of course, they're too good for dirty water, so after they mess it up, they get all high and mighty and refuse to swim in it until it's changed again lol.

7. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Songster

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:I think ours is a she. It's funny when I saw your picture I was hoping you were going to tell me what she was. [​IMG] She was there when we moved in.

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweee they are pretty [​IMG] my ducks wait for me to turn off the hose then run in there and mess it up. they don't even swim much either. little brats

9. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Do you know where he came from ? have a hen who is a magpie x mallard and looks alot like your mystery drake. She has a little more white on here and a little bit of a design on her feathers but otherwise they look alot alike. Ill try to get a picture for you.

10. aduckstolemyheart

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Got from a farm store, Feldmans, but he was originally from Cackle Hatchery.

Would love to see pics! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by