Wow my chicken layer crumbles went up two dollars AAAhh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quintinp, Feb 24, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i hate this, it was 7.99 now it is 9.99 what is with that i hate that BAaaaahhhh i used to love Orchelns for there low prices on feed, now this AAAAAH

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
  2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    unfortunately the price of corn went up...My horse feed went up too. And now gas is back over 3 bucks and heading up up up! I may have to start riding the horses to work to compensate for the higher feed cost and save on gas!

3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    yeah haha i was shocked today when i saw that price, it was 9.99 on the price tag, 10.87 with tax, i went into the feed store with a ten dollar bill, it was embarrassing not having enough money too

4. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    is this a yearly thing for the chicken feed to do this, maybe it is, and i just didn't realize it last year, i dunno

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    It is a bit cyclical....corn tends to be lower in the late summer/fall when harvest is over. But I think this is a reflection of not only that cycle but the fact that inputs....like gasoline/diesel keep going up and so the manufacturers have to compensate for that increase in production costs and thus pass the increase on to the consumers.

Man economics sucks!

6. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    I noticed that our feed went up in prices a couple of weeks ago but thank goodness we don't have to pay sales tax on chicken feed.

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Two dollars may seem like a lot to you, but at 9.99 a bag, you are getting off cheap. Feed here is $14.50/50 pound bag!

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Agreed! It's much more than $10 a bag here for the good stuff.

Corn prices went up, and gas is going up, too. Costs more of them to process it and transport it.

9. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]......i buy blue seal layer mash--girls absolutely love the stuff----[​IMG]----agway charges me $18.40 per bag ,whitmans price sits at 17 an change---[​IMG]...now let's see with the extra calcium that i buy , the 2 sizes of grit , treats of rolled oats , wheat ,flax seed ,cracked corn and bird seed , and what ever else ,,,and oh yeah the day old stale bread at the local IGA store ,,,,i figure my healthier , better tasting ,,and semi range free egg cost me about $7 a dozen .....[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]..[​IMG]..[​IMG].

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yeah its all over,hard to feel happy with anything when only the debt and inflation is the only thing trickling down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by