Wow, my chicks are tough!

Maryallison

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
SO we were out hanging out by the chickens yesterday when I noticed the white frizzled rooster was all excited and had something...
hmm.png
I got closer and OMG............. He had a snake!!!!
lol.png
And all the other chickens wanted it from him. He really beat that snake up and by the time I got my DH in the coop to get it the snake was about dead. My chicks are just 3 months old and wow.... they are tough!
tongue.png

You mean you didn't let them eat it?
lau.gif
Cudos to your brave little roo!!!!
clap.gif

My BR who is head of the flock caught herself a mouse right after I got the girls... She beat it till it wasn't moving then ran around the corner and ate it while the rest of the girls were distracted with the treat I had given them(Chicken fetuccini)

Last year, when my new girls were about 4 months old, I went outside and they had surrounded a small snake (~14") in the garden. They were all on their toes, wings out, and ready to divvy the poor little guy up. Luckily for him, I had just brought them a treat and they were more interested in the bread than the snake. I checked after the bread was gone and he had flown the coop (slithered out of the garden).

Luckey for me my girls have ben eating the smaller snakes. They met their match yesterday with a large Rattle snake, They all ran away from that one. They are pretty snake smart.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom