Wow my nieghbors are cruel!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pringle, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    My nieghbors have recently gotton a 2 ponies and a goat from someone.They live across from me in a woods.While I was doing yard work for a woman on the right side of the house that owns the animals I took a peep in there backyard.The sight I saw was sadning.A very small area with no grass all muddy,totally shaded by the pine trees.It reeked and the animals I saw really didnt look happy.They were gloppin in the mud,dirty they looked like they were fed but there surroundings were horrible!!! I dont know what do!

**edited to remove personal information**

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  2. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    in some states if there is 2 in of mud or more for live stock it is in humane and in some states you have to have so many acres per animal i would look in to it... Poor babies

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    sad

4. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Maybe it is a temporary pen until they can construct a larger one [​IMG].

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Yep - a call to animal control may be in your future. Their hooves can't take long-term saturation. Maybe they just need some educatin'

6. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Maybe all the rain has made it muddy. My backyard looks like I am running a chicken mud wrestleing ring. (I'm not but hmmmmmmm)

7. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Before we jump to conclusions, has it been particularly rainy there?

Livestock can very quickly tear up the ground if it's softened by rain and the result is a muddy mess. Doesn't mean the animals are being neglected. And yes, they do often look to be in a sad state of affairs when it's muddy like that -- because they roll in it, lie in it, Etc.

9. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I guess ill take another peep in another week or so just incase.The ground might be muddy just becouse of the rain.But it hasnt rained in a while [​IMG]

10. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:This is true...and maybe this is just a short term enclosure...

I wouldn't jump on the animal cruelty bandwagon so fast based on just one observance [​IMG] Hopefully, that isn't the case. If it is bothering you then you could spy on them for a while to make sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by