Wow! Pitbull Saved!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Lanissa86, May 30, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    My brother called me. He works as an athletic trainer for a school and one of the coaches has a 5 month old Pitt-bull he was going to KILL. I guess he heard all the Bad rumors about Pitts. The only thing is...I never had a Pit but know a few people who have them. She is only 5 months old and on her way to my house as I type this. Poor baby girl. Can't wait to see what she looks like.

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    What kind of heartless person could kill a baby puppy?????? That's just crazy. Thank you for helping her. People are so ignorant and believe anything they hear. I heard that chickens were nasty and dirty my whole life and that was wrong. People hear that all pits are blood thirsty killers and that's not true either. [​IMG]

3. Lucky you, they are very loving dogs that try hard to please their owner. Loveand Praise works magic with them,I crate trained MissMia to sleep in her crate at night, She is a big chicken when it comes to thunder storms, tries to find the darkest place she can until the storm is over. Don't believe what people try to tell you about how BAD pitts are.with love and praise they are the best,I think anyway, Let us know how how things go with her.
    [​IMG] marrie

4. fowlfriends

fowlfriends Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Battle Ground, Wa
    Thank you! Are you going to keep the pup, or foster until a good home is found?

I am with a Pit Bull rescue in Washington State. Please feel free email me, or to ask me any questions you might have. These are wonderful, amazing dogs.

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Unfortunately I do not think I have the room to keep her, but time will tell. [​IMG] I already have two families that are willing to take her. A little more on her history. The guy that had her bought her for his son, the son lost interest and the puppy "played" too rough with the guys "older" dog and he did not want to deal with it. So he Kicked the pit every time he went out side. So the poor girl is skittish. Don't want to give her a home until she can trust and calm down. I hope this doesn't cause her to become a "bad" dog in the future.

6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I wish I could met that guy. I'd like to kick him a few times. [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What does she look like? That is so nice that you are rescuing her from being killed. What a sick person! Good Luck with her!

8. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Last edited: May 31, 2008
  9. fowlfriends

fowlfriends Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Battle Ground, Wa
    How is the pooch doing?

Another resource you can check out is Pit Bull Rescue Central. They have a lot of advice, and if you choose to foster her until another home is found, you can list her for adoption there.

www.pbrc.net

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by