WOW! Roots Auction April 12th Saturday Manheim, Pennsylvania

Shaffer

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
Tamaqua, NE Pa
Hi everybody,
Don't forget Roots Auction in Manheim, Pennsylvania tomorrow at 11:00 AM. IF you have birds to sell you have to enter them before that time. You can enter starting at 7AM. Good luck, hope there are a lot of fancy fowl for sale. See you tomorrow. Harry

More info please....do you have an address/location?? THANKS!!! Hope I can make it!
smile.png

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!
smile.png
We decided to go last minute(only an hour and 10 minutes drive--not bad). We ended up bringing home a nanny goat, 2 lion head rabbits, 4 pair of old english game birds, 5 silkies, 3 polish chickens, a pair of golden pheasants, a goose, and 2 dozen fertile silkie eggs--we were the ones who bought the blue parrot, but we had noticed blood on the inside of the box and it's tail was a bloody mess. We talked to the auctioneer and they placed him back in the auction(thank goodness). Took us several hours to get everyone set up, but we had a lot of fun!
smile.png
Thanks again!
God bless,
Tracey

Last edited:
Tracey,
Glad someone got to enjoy the auction other than myself. Remember all these sales are generally posted in the Poultry Press except the one in Fredericksburg, Pa AKA Lebanon Vallery Auction which will have a similar exotic sale on the Sat 26th of April. I doubt I can make it because that is also the Kutztown Extravaganza that weekend for antiques.
I did not buy anything at Roots, bidded on some cages. Like the porcelain Belgian d'UCCLE bantams and call ducks but I left at 1PM because there was nothing I could use and I am very fussy with what I buy at this stage of the hobby. I really have everything I could use in my breeding program.
I did buy a killer antique piece though outside at the flea market so that will clearly pay for my expenses and have plenty left over to pay for several trips and shows for this year.

Sara,
Hope you got that female call duck you needed. I met a fellow at the other auction that night that wished he'd have attended because he needed a male call duck. If he doesn't get one he will be selling three white call duck females. He will probably sell them at Lebanon Valley either this Wed or their Exotic sale. Harry

Last edited:
M@M@2four :

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!
smile.png
We decided to go last minute(only an hour and 10 minutes drive--not bad). We ended up bringing home a nanny goat, 2 lion head rabbits, 4 pair of old english game birds, 5 silkies, 3 polish chickens, a pair of golden pheasants, a goose, and 2 dozen fertile silkie eggs--we were the ones who bought the blue parrot, but we had noticed blood on the inside of the box and it's tail was a bloody mess. We talked to the auctioneer and they placed him back in the auction(thank goodness). Took us several hours to get everyone set up, but we had a lot of fun!
smile.png
Thanks again!
God bless,
Tracey

Oh my goodness you were the one with like 4 little kids right? Your son was so cute just sitting there holding the one bunny half the day!
big_smile.png

Harry~ No call ducks for me. I watched the first couple pairs go for 36.00 per bird and left. I couldn't justify spending that to put them on my pond. My luck something would get them the first day. How small are the ones your friend has, if he wants to sell them I'd be interested, or I can go over to Lebanon valley if he sells them their this week.

Sara,
I will ask the fellow about the female calls on Friday or Saturday when I see him at one of the auctions I go to. He may or not sell them Wednesday at Lebanon Valley but I don't know if he will for sure or not.
You may want to go to the Exotic Auction at Lebanon Valley on the 26th Satuday of April and see if they have any for sale. Also I have another friend that had many call ducks but don't know if he has any for sale. He may sell you some eggs because he was not too excited to hatch any ducklings because of the mess they make. Harry

Back
Top Bottom