1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WOW SCARED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUTA ME!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Emzyyy, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Yesterday I had Felix in the garage because I feed him by hand everyday, and when I was done around 9 PM it was dark. I went to go put him up and started down the drive way and Felix just went balistic, crazy like someone was murdering him but I looked down at him flapping but just kept walking down to the coop. Well our coop has double fencing like a wood fence and you open that and then a dog run inside. I was walking up to it and I hear a "jingle, jingle" and this HUGE black thing running at me from inside the wood fence, and I let out the loudest blood-curtling scream you ever heard...ends up it was just Eden my neighbor's dog, she likes watching my chickens. All my other chickens went crazy wondering what in the world was going on doing there little panic call the "ba ba ba baaaaack" sound. I think the whole neighborhood heard me. [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Dont ya hate it when that happens!!! LOL!! You must have been relieved when you saw who it was!![​IMG]

3. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    At least it wasn't a monster [​IMG]

4. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    No,monsters are not good....[​IMG]

5. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL Im glad Eden doesn't eat chicken....or bite people.

6. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you, that mental picture made my night.....

Cheri

7. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ha ha.. that is good it wasnt a monster..

My 8 year old son, went out like you did to dump some left overs in the chicken coop and count them and lock the door up... he went outside came right back in and said with a scared look on his face.. I almost died.. Im like what are you talking about.. (I had been outside earlier trying to put a child seat on the back of my bike and had not finished and left it out there) he said.." your bike scared me to death .. I thought it was someone going to kill me and I didnt want to die, such a short life would be a waste."

I almost died laughing...

8. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] I LOVE their warning call! We had a rooster that hung out inside every night. He would roost on his chair as he got feed cheese and goodies and he would doze off. Then a cat would enter the room or just walk by the door and we would hear a
    BA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWK!!!
    Like we were under attack or something! The cat would just look at him like "What in the world is all the fuss about?"
    The first time my mom and I heard it, we were on the floor dying of laughter. Lucifer was a BIG rooster and had a LOUD bawk [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of him hanging out on my dad's shoulder. My dad would always get mad when I put him up there cause he would get pooped on [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by