WOW Serama Roo goes crazy!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok two days ago I put my Serama in with the big hens...I was worried they they may pick on him cuz he is still young (younger than they are) and he is SO tiny. Well...WRONG! I had to remove him this morning because he was beating up on EVERYONE! So he in now back in his bacholor pad pen and NOT happy with me. [​IMG] Then hens are like "THANK YOU"!!! [​IMG] They are finally settling down and back to dust bathing again...just plain happy without Mr Boss Kell Bell in there to torture them. Now in this hen house I have 13 hens and one big Mr Giant cochin roo. Well, HE was even being picked on! That Serama has guts I tell ya! Are all Serama's like this? Or is it just my crazy guy? He's only 14 weeks old!

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Wow I just saw this. Well you know my guy was a bit toomuch for me to handle so I gave him to a chicken expert [​IMG] I hear they get better as they get older and have been told a lot of the roos need to be confined alone till they are older. [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    An update on my Serama boy. He is totally fine with the hens when they are out free ranging but as soon as they all get in the coop together he turns into DEVIL CHICKEN and totally pecks at them the whole time they are in there?? WHY does he do this? And be fine outside? I have loads of room in the hen house and the run. Over 4 sq feet per bird. I think I will just have to keep him in his own pad at roost time.

4. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    Some of the little boys seem to have too much testerone-I have one little guy-about 5 weeks old -in solitary right now because he is beating up all the others in that brooder.Another boy-about 8 weeks old was trying to mate already-little stinker!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by