Wow - sold all my IB peachicks in one day....

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenzoo, Jun 20, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

This must be the year for peachicks, as everyone has been waiting for some... I sold all of them on Sat. Still have more eggs in the bator and another waiting list starting....... last year I had a hard time selling them. I thought it would be harder this year with the economy.... but no. I admit I was a little sad as I love watching them grow up...... but I still have my 2 whites. [​IMG]

2. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thats good....now if I could sell all mine in one day....lol........guess it would help if I would list them.......

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:If hubby was employed and you came to FL, you just might have... hehe [​IMG]

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Same thing here. I don't know what the deal is this year but everybody wants them. Ours hit the local sale paper on Friday and gone by noon on Sunday. We had a few other people call and are on a list for the next hatch.

Steve

5. fgdiii

fgdiii Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Rustburg
    I also have a waiting list but my hatch rate has been poor. Only 50% and 1 died last night. What are you getting for yours and how long do you keep them before you let them go?

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

We sell them as week olds and they start at $25 each and go up from there.

Steve

7. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    I have had mine on Craigslist for $20, they're Black shouldered babies and nobody has replied, what's up with that? Maybe I should try the local papers IF its free to list, I'm going to check on that.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I have sold very few yet...have not listed any. I always make sure mine have a good start. Have alot of people emailing me. I sell most of mine after 2 months of age. cooler to ship , plus most all can be sexed. Also can be sure what colors & pattern they are. Like peach bs from bs split peach...even though i keep good records . very hard to tell a peach bs from puple bs, and etc.

Starting price 25.00. Now my rare colors like peach silver pied, and charcoal males sell for well over 100.00. Being able to sex them , is a must with charcoals, as i give away the female charcoals. peach males sell for more than females.

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:We have local sale paper the Carolina Bargin trader that generates alot of sales. Around here it seems alot more people are looking at craigs list this year for some reason, last year we didn't get to many hits from it? More people are laid off surfing the net? who knows

Steve

10. coloradopeafowl

coloradopeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Lakewood, CO
    Same thing here my hens can't lay the eggs fast enough for me to fill all these peachick orders hahaha [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by