WOW The rain brought eggs~!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by the4heathernsmom, Sep 13, 2009.

1. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    It has rained and stormed for two days here in east texas been so hot and humid and dry forever. DS went out to check eggs this am and guess what !!! Went from 9-10 eggs a day to 21 EGGS THIS MORNING!!!!! Bring it on rain forever if this is our results WOOO HOOOOO EGG CITY at our house wishing the rain to everyone else!!!!

2. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    OMG TWO MORE!!! Kids are going nuts ! We have never gotten this many eggs EVER! So excited !

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Raining Here..... The low pressure of a storm front seems to help. Also does the bit cooler temps that usually come with a storm. Ours always lay better during a good storm.

4. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Can't believe it so funny the reactions from the kids incubator is full now so I guess DS is going to sell them again. Got some new layer eggs too four of them are small round typical pullet eggs totally round small so cute. So funny how the simplest things can get us excited out here in the sticks!!! Was supposed to study today but everyone wants to be in the pens lol!!!

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Id be doing back flips to get that many! how many hens do you have? It just started raining here--I hope that means all my bogarters will lay their first eggs today:)

6. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Oh last count around 35 including 2 big roos and several roo chicks teenagers.....

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    CONGRATS! Something needs to happen here, I went from 14 to 5 a day. [​IMG]

8. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    I know the heat killed us on egg production. We were not getting but 4-5 a day from proven layers. So excited might just be the temp drop but we are not complaining.

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    today so far 6...Im hoping for two more today from all my proven layers:) By late fall I should have 14 layers? All diferent kind though:) Congrats on all your eggs...do you sell or just eat up?

10. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    The son sells them all the kids work on them and coops etc so kind of community effort here. We are trying to grow where the kids can sell eggs and make enough to cover feed etcetera and have some left over. Son wants to sell laying hens to make extra money. Maybe next summer when everyone is wanting layers he can have some for sale. Round here they advertise wanting laying hens any kind periodically. We are barely making it so kids are inventive and try to find ways to earn their own money for extras. It kills me but they learn a great deal from it. I feel bad because we go to wal-mart or grocery and most other moms are just like "well get it if you want it" with four kids I am more well we don't have extra right now maybe next time. Never was one to just buy stuff to get kids to be quiet but I did like to get them an extra now and then. Right now it is just trying to cover the basics. Oh and I am evil mom because I had to cut off the satellite service three months ago just could not afford it. Sooo needless to say but the kids are trying to earn money for this or that they want and to buy christmas gifts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by