Wow these chickens are DANGEROUS!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenkassai, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Dangerously ADDICTIVE that is!!! [​IMG] I just ordered 3 more chicks I'm picking up tomorrow, this group will be 2 RIR and one Partridge Rock. Hubby just had to mention "red" would be interesting and I thought "Sure would" and decided I couldn't wait until next year to get Buckeyes. That is, until Buckeyes are available next year, I'm sure I'll rationalize that then [​IMG]

I am SOOOO afraid to go pick up my chicks. They (Meyer) usually have a brooder tub set up with chicks you can just pick up and buy, and I am sooo tempted to just pick a random chick and see what it turns out to be! This after all my careful research and breed selection! What is wrong with me???? Oh, I know, I'm addicted. Darn that Meyer for being sooo close to my house (30 min) and so great to do business with. [​IMG] I started out thinking I wanted 3 and have worked my way up to 10. Maybe 11 if I pick up the mystery chick. But with my luck it would probably turn out to be a roo, and of a breed I don't want to breed, so I think I should skip the mystery chick...I WILL skip the mystery chick, I WILL skip the mystery chick...

2. Kaugomu

Kaugomu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    This is one area where I'm kinda glad and at the same time totally disappointed our city law limits us to three! I already have like 6 more breeds picked out that I really want to try, but no more room in the coop according to big brother!

I really want Buckeyes too! Decided as soon as I saw the bread that one day I would have a Buckeye Rooster named Brutus!

3. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Quote:Well that is just the absolute perfect name for a Buckeye rooster [​IMG]

I think my husband may be regretting our move to the country.... [​IMG]

4. Kaugomu

Kaugomu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    My husband and I are counting the days (*cough years *cough) before we can sell our house and find some country of our own to make a home.

5. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Lol, I am so glad I don't live anywhere remotely close to a hatchery. There isn't even chicken swaps or TSC's or anything near me. Nothing but a little feed store that rarely has selections of chicks. That is the secret, move somewhere very remote!!! lol

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Once you get into breeding and hatching then You'll have your own hatchery. I'm a hatch-a-holic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by