1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wow! they are like POPCORN!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by FloridaDoulaMama, Nov 22, 2010.

1. FloridaDoulaMama

FloridaDoulaMama Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2010
    sarasota, florida
    we're hatching our 26 eggs tonight! they are sooo sweet, and sooo cute! We've got 5 and 2 halves so far, and more shaking!

this is so exciting! I'm hoping for 13 or more birds, but am feeling hopeful that I'll have 20 or more little quail chicks [​IMG]

I will post photos once they get moved to the brooder. This is perfect timing as I just recieved my feed base today.

2. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Good Luck!While I was reading this I heard a faint cheap coming from the incubator.It looks like one of mine is getting ready to hatch and its day 15!

3. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I've got a few that just hatched about an hour ago. I am going to leave the in the bator all night.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Woot [​IMG]

5. Sushi

Sushi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Congratulations. What kind of quail are they?

6. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

7. FloridaDoulaMama

FloridaDoulaMama Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2010
    sarasota, florida
    They are jumbo couturnix. We've got 6 in the brooder now, and 1 half shelled [​IMG] I've seen more shaking, so we'll see! One is a blondie, and just adorable! I hope she IS a she, so we don't have to eat her...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by