WOW WEEE

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by meowoui, Feb 5, 2014.

1. meowoui

meowoui Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    OK, Who turned off the heat???? 22 out this morning but nice and cozy in the coop for our girls, as soon as I opened the door they ran out into the yard lifting up a foot dropping it down picking up the other foot. Wind is blowing making 20 feel like 15 guess it doesn't bother them to much to go back into their coop. Found them standing on the patio out of the wind, sun is out so I would think they would go to the spot in the yard with the sun and stand in the sun nope they bypassed it and did finally go toward their coop I bet they did not go in.

Karen

2. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Heh. I guess it's all what you're used to. This time of year, when the temperature gets UP to 22, we walk around outside with no hat or gloves saying, "sure is nice and warm today" to one another. LOL

3. meowoui

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    Nope we are not use to cold weather like this wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing, weather guessers say we are suppose to get 1-4" of snow today.

4. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Yeah the wind never makes the cold any easier to deal with, that's sure true. Good luck with your snow. We just had a big storm yesterday that dumped 14" on us.

5. meowoui

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    Well you have us beat by 11" so far still snowing has not stopped since it started at 11. The hens still won't come out in the snow can't blame them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by