WOW! What an egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sezjasper, Oct 7, 2012.

1. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Had to share...my BR laid an egg this weekend that was the biggest I've ever seen anywhere! She's been laying for about 4 weeks now and always gives us a nice size egg, but this one was ridiculous! All I can say is...OUCH!!

[​IMG]

Here are the day's eggs...the two on the ends are what the store would consider "small", the second from left is the size of a store bought "large" egg.

[​IMG]

I hope our Raven is proud of herself!! Poor girl won't be able to sit down for a week at least!

2. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Keep us posted as to what is insie when you use it, such as a double yolk or triple yolk.

3. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    It was a double yolk...my son and his family were visiting this weekend and he wanted over easy eggs instead of scrambled, so I made the sacrifice and cooked the huge egg for him...lol... I wish I could have weighed the egg before I cooked it. I've seen double yolk eggs before but nothing like this...I just grin all over myself every time I think about it!

4. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I had to re-open this thread because good grief, she's done it again! Here is today's GIANT egg!

[​IMG]

I don't know how she does it! She lays a nice big egg every day, but this is over the top! [​IMG]

5. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    Holy cow...that is some chicken ya got there! My first thought too is...owwwwww!

6. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Yeah, that's what I thought, too! I feel like I should buy her a pillow to sit on or something! [​IMG] Here's her picture...so as you can see she is as beautiful as she is talented!

[​IMG]

7. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    [​IMG] she wants one of these, she promised not to peck holes in it... [​IMG]

8. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Wow!!! Huge eggs!!!

9. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    OH man this made my day LOLOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Are you giving her steroids? My BR laid a large one like the first pic, but that second one is HUGE. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by