Wow, where do I begin? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Well, this past year was a whirlwind! I honestly don't know where to begin...

In March of 2012, we decided we were going to move. (you can read that in my post moving update, it will explain it all)
    Spent about a year fixing it up. March of 2013 we decided to get our butts on the ball and get going. We moved all the necessities that day. And we are learning what we can live without. We have been paying for two houses for the past 10 months. In June of 2013, (the 24th to be exact) my Great g-ma passed away. There was a lot of stuff going on with our whole family, but somehow we all pulled together for her. Idk about everyone else, but I think I have taken it the hardest. I lost 20 lbs within two weeks. I got REALLY sick for a month. All of August I was no use for anything. They couldn't figure out what was wrong, but figured it was anxiety. I know that was it. My dad's last day of work was Father's Day of 2013, because of migranes. They found out that they were caused by Arnold–Chiari malformation. Type 1. They did surgery at Cedars Sinai Med. on November 5th. He stayed in the hospital for a week. Me and my mom drove home for that week, as we live over 200 miles away. Once he got home, he was doing pretty good. He had no pain for two months. He (as were we all) was sooooooo happy! BUT sadly as the third month rolled around, his pain returned. They are trying him on new medications, and doing all that they can but with no luck. To top it all off, he gets a call saying that if he doesn't go back to work by 2-15-14 that they're going to cancel him insurance. He is going back tomorrow morning. BUT me and my mother are worried that he will get dizzy on a ladder or something. So all we can do is pray. Hopefully, if he returns to his normal, and all of that good stuff, maybe, just maybe, he will start to heal more. Life has changed so much in the past year, hopefully this one is better... Sorry I haven't been on to update for a while, but as you could tell, we've had a lot on our plate... Anyway, hope all is well with all of you, and I will let you all know how his first day of work is!

He's got a pretty ''zipper'' too!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

If your dad does something stupid you can jokingly call him a "zipper head".. lol I hope things work out for your family I know you have been through a lot this past year.

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    LOL! I like that! I will use that some time! Thank you. Yeah, and thanks, cause you were there to talk to whenever... [​IMG]

4. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    And I think I told you some other stuff too that I didn't say in this post, cause I really didn't want to share it with everyone...

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Ugh... It just COULD NOT get any worse right now...! [​IMG]

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Never ever say that!! It can. And sometimes does.

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.

8. Aacre

Aacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. Life can really toss those lemons when it really wants to, doesn't it? After it's all said and done and you are in better days, you look back and you wonder how the heck did you do it? How did you survive those miserable days? It sounds like you were really close to your great grandmother. I'm sorry you had to lose her. Remember that you can always "talk" to her though. She can still be your strength to get through the hard days. When I was 19, I lost my mother unexpectedly. I can tell you, that it does get better, if you want it to.
    The Chiari malformation is a very hard disorder to live with. I don't envy anyone with this! I have a cousin that has this, and she isn't even 30 years old yet. She had the surgery about 4ish years ago. It helped for a minute, but then the pain came back. It seems like nothing works- not for very long. She has bad days and good, but you are always having to share it with this disorder, it seems like. She recently started Botox injections, and believe it or not, that has helped quite a bit, a lot more than some of the medications the doctors put her on. Working a full time job is feasible, but what the employer needs to understand is that there are going to be days where an employee affected with Chiari is truly unable to work that day. It's not something you can cure with Tylenol or anything. You're lucky if you can even get up in the morning when you have an attack. I really hope that the doctors can figure out the right medication combo for your dad so that he can try to live life normally. [​IMG]
    Keep your head up! It will all get better at some point. Thank you for keeping us all updated. I know I haven't talked to you before, but I have seen some posts by you a few times.

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Yep, I'm beginning to not like lemons! LOL! Yeah, I often wonder... I'm sorry to hear about your mom! That must've been hard! [​IMG] Yeah, he is having a really bad day right now. I'm not doing so hot either. My stomach is full of butterflies. Tomorrow I'm going to have my best friend and his siblings over, If my dad goes to work, and I'm going to tell my best friend I like him. I actually have for like three years, but was too scared to say anything. If nothing else, he's still my best friend, and that's enough for me! I'm painting my nails, going to do my hair, and going to wear the heart necklace he gave me for my b-day last year! [​IMG] hope all goes well!

Thanks again, you made me feel better!

10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Was kinda of a bad day for me. (Mentally) A lot of people think I have A.D.D. but really I don't. (Not that I know of anyway...) My brain just kinda works different. I am constantly thinking about something. I think on average I am thinking of 5 things at once. And somehow I can't turn it off. As hard as I try, at night it starts racing. My mom said I've always been like this. When I was 3 she said you could tell that I was trying to think/say like 4 things at once. And I have always talked a million miles an hour trying to say everything that's on my mind. I have always gotten frustrated when I can't explain something, or can't figure something out. I am going to talk to my dr because I lost 20 lbs last year, and she said it was anxiety. It is starting to come back, stronger and more often. To the point where I can't breathe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by