Wow!!! You're chickens really adore you!!!! Yeah,,, sure they do...

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I went out to eat with a friend tonight and when we got back she was really impressed with how much my chickens, ducks, rabbit, etc, love me.... As soon as they heard me lift the latch on the chain link gate they all literally ran and flew across the yard to greet me.
Susan was just so impressed and exclaimed how much they must love me to great me so exuberantly!
Then she noticed they were all standing there staring at the take-out container in my hand.
She looked at me, looked at them,, and just said..
"oh"

Yup. They are not stupid but they hardly love us. They would eat us if they
could. That's ok. We still love them.

What was in the takeout package?
wink.png

Curly fries,, and she thought they were for my son! Hah!
Oh,,, and my mom,, the one who doesn't want anything to do with my chickens? But is glued to the incubators?
She was outside not 10 minutes ago with "left over" spaghetti,,, I know for a fact they had roast!

hehehehehe yup an animals love starts with the food you are holding.
gig.gif

Every try to wrestle a whole grape from a determined chicken? My daughter did today and lost. She had her chicken out running around with her in the house and she sat down with a handful of grapes. Chicken saw graped and BAM had one. she was not going to give it up either. hehehehehehe

Bitten for a french fry,,, I brought them an order of fries for lunch, I was standing there tearing them into pieces and tossing them. Nugget decided he didn't want to play chase the fry so he bit me next to my knee. I played rooster-ball with him and he walked back, stood in front of me, and had that look that said give him the fry or next time it would really hurt! I handed him a fry, he took it like a gentleman and walked off with dignity. I have a bloodblister and a bruise,, but he loves me,,,,,, if he was a human I'd divorce his feathered A**!

OMG! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who brings home a "doggy bag" for the chickens.

Mine will also attack for food. My hens have been known to steal ice cream cones from children. My kids have learned not to take their ice cream cones outside.

lol.png

Em

Back
Top Bottom