Wow.

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I just can't believe it!!!!!!!! On Wednesday, I permanently moved the chicks outside. They are in the big chickens run, in a small temporary chicken coop, (Triangle, open bottom, chicken tractor style.) Today, nervously, I let them out in the big chickens run, ready to step in if there was fighting (which I obviously expected to be) But..... there was no fighting, no pecking, no chasing. It's amazing! I don't know if I'm being overly excited, but I am so happy! I'm planning to just have them fully integrated.
After the first 2 hours of watching them closely, I went inside for a little bit. Checking on them often. Now its been over 9 hours since theyve been in the run together.

Last year, there was a whole lot of fighting. No blood, but a lot of chasing, pecking, and chaos. But I'm just amazed! Is it usual to have them be ok immediately???

Anyway, I guess my only question is, is it a good idea to permanently move them together? (also, the cutest thing happened, one of the big chickens started dust bathing, and then the chicks followed suit.)

Gah! Im just so happy that its working out!:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee

Awesome they are doing so well together!
I'm sorry I don't have the needed experience to have an advice regarding when to move them permanently together.

I'm very sorry you lost your RIR Ponyo :hugs

Awesome they are doing so well together!
I'm sorry I don't have the needed experience to have an advice regarding when to move them permanently together.

I'm very sorry you lost your RIR Ponyo :hugs
Sorry for your loss :hugs. I too lost a hen right before my chicks can last year :(
Thank you. It was very hard losing her, but I will be ok.

I plan to permanently move them, unless someone has a good reason why I shouldn't (I'm sure Ive overlooked a bunch of stuff)

Back
Top Bottom