Woww... great news. Grr.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AJ666, Aug 12, 2010.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    So my brother has made a big effort to call MY RIR his. And he has succeded. Yup, he kissed up to my dad and won. If I said I dont care I'd be lying. I'm absalutely outraged. I've never been so mad in my entire life! Now he can say hes got 2 chickens, does that make him cooler? Does that make him a better chicken owner? NO. So now he'll probably make up some ridiculous completely stupid name for her like he did for Omelet, his BO. Please excuse my language and pleeease dont report me for the following words:
    This is complete Drat!! I could kill somthing right now. Hmm but who? My brother?! Nahh. As much as I'd love to, I'd be in prison for the rest of my life. Yup. Bad idea. God I'm so maad... She is mine! My chcken! I did the research! I picked out breeds! I'm doing the work! JUst cause my dad picked her out doesnt mean shes really his to give away! I take car eof her! I love her! And this is Drat!. Again apologizing for the language. I just need to vent. I already took out part of my anger on my dad and he says any more additude and I'm grounded for a looong time. Great. This is Drat!.
    Fml. If you dont know what that stands form, look it up.

Thanks much.

2. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    I'm so mad. I just wanna punch his smug little face so hard, he wont remember his past years. I swear if that kid didnt have parents to protect him, hed be severely injured by now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] When my sister names chickens names I don't like I jsut keep calling them what I would call them [​IMG] And pretend there alllll mine [​IMG] Are you the only one caring for your chickens? Im the only one who takes care of my chickens so Im allowed to whatever I want with them as long as it comes ouuta my money :3

4. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Bummer- what a sad situation. If you are still the one giving all the care and attention, then who cares if they say it is your bro's bird? In your mind and in your heart, she is still ALL YOURS!! Call her whatever you want- let him call her whatever he wants, YOU know her REAL name. Just keep it to yourself, that way you come out looking more mature, and the more mature you are, the better the chances you will have of maybe getting another chicken all for you in the future.

I'm sorry your parents are being unfair, just try to keep telling yourself (in your mind) that she is still yours and she will respond to your love and affection. This is a opportunity to learn how to act more mature and how to deal with difficult situations. Being angry really only hurts you, and you dont want your hen to pick up on that anger. Just walk away from the anger and keep reminding yourself that the words dont matter, only your own actions will make a real difference.

Good luck, I hope things get better!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hey AJ666, don't worry, that bird certainly doesn't "know" it's been given to your brother. However, it will know who really loves it. Just treat it better than he does. [​IMG]

6. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Thank you guys so much! I feel a lot better now, you cant guess how much I appreciate your opinions. [​IMG]
    This morning he picked her up and said "good morning, my new bird!" I could have socked him right then and there, except for living with a family like mine, I have developed amazing self control. But someday I will boil over...
    So I told him to quit rubbing it in my face and trying to piss me off. He asked me why I'm so mad about it. I said he doesnt understand. Oh yes, and guess what hes calling her? Ms. Prissy! Wow what a dumb name. Possibly the dumbest I have ever heard. It comes from an old looney tunes cartoon. There was this rooster called Foghorn Leghorn and a hen called Ms Prissy who was obbsessed with him. My dads idea. Well I'm gonna keep calling her Red til I find a name that suits her. The problem with that? My brother complained about that too. He now says that if I dont call her by the name hes given her, hes gonna call my little EE named Pacobean a name I came up with but he liked. Smuckers. Like the jam? BUt there is a difference. Pacobean is officially not his chicken. And even though my dad has handed off little Red to my bro, shes still never gonna be his chicken.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well, just say the chicken has a first name .. Mrs. Prissy, and a middle name... the one you are calling her... you just like to call her by her middle name.... [​IMG]

8. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Quote:Nahh not good enough. [​IMG] she must not have ms prissy anywhere in her entire name. She doesnt deserve such a name.

9. chickenprincess92

chickenprincess92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    I would be so mad why dont you just "cry" in front of him and when he asks whats wrong you say, lil red (ms prissy) is sick and he cant heal her only you can only heal her if it is your chicken. He will give it to you and you pretendyouare helping her and say hmmm i see and once you "healed" her say that you have to keep her for her to stay healthy.

10. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Quote:Hmm that seems a little dramatic... good ideas though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by