Wowzers!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Leslieb118, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    My EE pullet just started laying eggs on Feb. 15th. She's laid a total of 8 so far. She took a little break for about a week because she got bullied by an older hen and I had to take care of some injuries. She started laying again on Monday. They've all been pullet sized eggs, until now. This morning I went to let them out of the coop and found this!!! The white egg is a store bought LARGE egg.

[​IMG]

2. OakLeafFarms

OakLeafFarms Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    SW PA
    Congratulations![​IMG]

That looks to be a double yolker[​IMG]

3. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    LOL After I show everyone (DH, DS, DD) who will be less than impressed I'm sure, I'm going to crack it open and fry it up! I'm the only one in the house that gets overly eggcited about my chickens and their eggs!

4. Kittyf

Kittyf Chillin' With My Peeps

That is one impressive looking egg. Ouchies!

5. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    Yup I say double yoker too . I feel the same way I get so excited every time I get my eggs and whenever I talk about it everyone thinks i'm nuts. I also noticed that since I got chickens I respect eggs much more. I get upset about it if one breaks or they get wasted in some other way...too funny

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by