Wrapping in Aluminum Foil?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Whitehouse Quail, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Couldn't you wrap your eggs, when they're shipped, in aluminum foil to prevent the X rays killing the eggs?

Or is that stupid? [​IMG]

Just a thought

2. monita

monita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    i am not sure of the answer to that but there is no such thing as a stupid question.

3. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Do they still x-ray eggs? That is good thinking though!

4. Pick-a-LilyFarm

Pick-a-LilyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    New Boston, NH
    I received eggs wrapped in aluminum foil and they came all the way from AZ to NH and 9 out of 10 hatched! She didn't wrap each egg, she wrapped the whole bundle of bubble wrapped eggs in foil before she boxed them. I believe it helps. When and if I start selling hatching eggs, that is how I am going to send them....certainly doesn't hurt!

5. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Off the wall question... wouldn't the post office be suspicious of a package that they couldn't see into due to tinfoil? I would think that would be a red flag to open the box.

I think it is a great idea, just wondering

6. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

honestly, i prefer post office open the box and find that box only contain egg and i do wish they don't try to scramble it to know the content and pack them back and send them. so no x-raying.

but, i never trust any *sending company/post office* they always do many problem. just forced to use their service. especially in my country, all my goods send through post office end with opened lid and broken seal. [​IMG]

7. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    That's terrible. Do they ever "help themselves" to the items in the box?

8. mulia24

help themselves? is that mean stealing?

9. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Yes [​IMG]

10. mulia24

nope, till now never.

that's why i'd like to have the sender to pack the goods very2 tightly and glue a warning at the box: warning! explode when opened. all sender refuse to do it due to law. [​IMG]

better use private sending company like you have fedex or dhl at US i think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by