Wrestling Llamas?

mylilchix

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
Front Range, Colorado
Ok, I've never seen this before, BUT my mama and her daughter have been romping around their pasture rubbing and jumping on eachother. Their rubbing necks, chasing tails, and I saw mom jump on daughters back. What's going on?
hu.gif

Thanks,
Sonja

I'm guessing progesterone is the culprit. IDK about llamas, but my goat does act like that when they're preggers and another doe goes into season - they actually act bucky.

Charlotte, the daughter, will be 2 the beginning of April. It is a possibility. This is the first time I've ever seen them behave this way. They kept it up for about 30 minutes. Thanks for the help. It took me by surprise.

Sonja

Llamas don't come into heat unless they've been exposed to a male; they are induced ovulators. They often become pregnant the first time they are put in with a male.

They are just playing and having a good time. They also have a herd hierarchy and sometimes mess around figuring out who is on top. Mine get really spunky in the evening when the temp is cooler and it's starting to get dark. They go boinking around and jumping on each other all the time.

Hope you get that cria in July!
big_smile.png

Thanks Cindy! I've seen them dance around the pasture before, but never anything like this. Goofy girls! They're probably just enjoying our warm weather.

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom