Wrinkle egg after injury

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
My one golden comet cracked her beak diagonally. Before I could splint it, it broke off. There was soft tissue exposed which has dried out. She is eating and drinking fine other than really hard seeds like sunflower. Ir happened Tuesday. She didn't lay on Wednesday. Had a really wrinkled egg Thursday and another wrinkle egg this morning.
Can a beak injury cause wrinkled eggs? She's not even a year old yet and the wrinkled eggs didn't start until after the beak injury.

My one golden comet cracked her beak diagonally. Before I could splint it, it broke off. There was soft tissue exposed which has dried out. She is eating and drinking fine other than really hard seeds like sunflower. Ir happened Tuesday. She didn't lay on Wednesday. Had a really wrinkled egg Thursday and another wrinkle egg this morning.
Can a beak injury cause wrinkled eggs? She's not even a year old yet and the wrinkled eggs didn't start until after the beak injury.
It's very possible that her injury is impacting her egg production. As she heals, things should go back to normal.
I agree with @sourland keep an eye on her beak, and don’t let her eat hard things, spray it with vetercyrin spray,

Back
Top Bottom