1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wrinkled horse show ribbons....how do I get them nice again???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ma2babygurl13, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    I have a whole box of horse show ribbons, mainly from when I showed in 4h. From sitting in a box so long they have become wrinkled and creased in many places. How do I go about getting them nice and straight to display again? I know putting an Iron directly on them will melt them. Could I cover them with a towel and Iron them? or??? Anyone have any experience in this??

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Yes, cover them with a thin cotton towel before you iron. You can mist the towel lightly with water if you like. Most ribbons are made of a poly/synthetic fabric. Also set your iron setting so you can use the steam....this will help and the wrinkles will remove quickly. Depending on how wrinkled and how long they've been stored, you may have to iron both sides of the ribbon. If you have tons of ribbons and don't have the space to display them all you can place them in a shadow box and mount on the wall. My daughter has ton's of ribbons and I saw this idea in a magazine. You can buy shadow boxes in various sizes. We have 2 nice fairly large boxes with many ribbons rolled, folded, layed out flat, etc.....They can hold alot! Looks very neat and I must say impressive. Just thought I'd pass the idea along since we were talking ribbons! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  3. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    good idea [​IMG] will help keep them from getting so dusty too... they are a pain to keep dusted, i remember that from when I used to have them displayed [​IMG] Thank you!

4. bpasture1

bpasture1 New Egg

Aug 12, 2013
    Go to www.goldstandardframes.com ! I sent my wrinkled old ribbons to them to create a frame for me! They made them look like new. They'll definitely help you out. Go to their site, or give them a call!

5. res

res Chillin' With My Peeps

The iron may bleach them slightly. Not real noticeable to others, but I could tell...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by