Wrong breed or barring gone wrong?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by melissastraka, Apr 20, 2009.

1. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I thought that i had some really bad barred rock roosters but after looking at feathersite, i think they are black sex-link roos. Any one want to try?

This is my red something? He is 4 months and has this white tuff on his back side...
    [​IMG]

Here is what i think may be a black sex-link roo. otherwise barring gone bad.
    [​IMG]

Same thing, different chicken. notice the green feather on his tail, I have two with this color feathering in his back side
    [​IMG]

A side view
    [​IMG]

again a different chicken
    [​IMG]

I am trying to find mates for all my backyard flock to put into separate runs and i didnt think i had any roos for my black sex-links. The rest will be going to the dinner table.
    Thanks all

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, that is a BSL rooster, Melissa. The red one just looks like his underfluff is showing. Could be a Production Red, but can't tell for sure.

3. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    great, so i guess its not as bad as i thought...i didnt get as many BR's as i would have like since i think 90% of them are roos and BSL but that is ok. I am happy they are finally identifiable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by