wrong breed

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 12304, Jun 28, 2011.

1. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    we orderd 3 plymouth rocks they are just pullets but we dont think they are plymouth rocks they look a lot like a black marron. I was wondering what they were like? Are they good pets? Are they good layers? etc.

2. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:If you can post a picture, or a link to a picture, you'll get some better guesses on the breed. Are they a couple days old? Barred rocks are black with white spots on their heads as chicks, the barring comes in later when they feather out.
    http://humgardens.com/chickens/barred_rock_chickens_breed.htm Scroll down on this page and you'll see a picture of a chick.

Do you mean you think you got Black Copper Marans? Most (but not all) BCM's will have feathers on their legs, but I'm not sure how early those show since I got mine as started pullets.

3. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    thanks for the link our chickens are pullets but they dont have feathers on their legs so maby they are a different breed i will try to post some pictures

We have looked at plymouth rocks our chickens age and ours dont have the white speckles. our chickens are completly black with tiny white feathers on the front of their necks and one or two white feathers on the under side of their wing but bare legs. i dont know what they are

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by