1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wrong food.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by hungry hen, Oct 7, 2014.

1. hungry hen

hungry hen New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    I am a hen on a farm. What is the best food that my owner can give me?
    I am unable to produce eggs. I get a mixture of chicken feed that my owner get from the local co-op.

Please help???

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    So you are a meat bird that will be going to freezer camp in a few weeks? Tell us more about yourself.
    Breed, age, confined or free range?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  3. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Is the feed that your owner buys for you manufactured by the local co-op ? Inform your owner that buying your feed from a local co-op is more often then not have proper amount of protein nor enough minerals, vitamins, fats, enzymes or properly balanced micro nutrients as quite a few local soils are deficient of some or even all of these items. Inform your owner that buying from a reputable manufacturer of a properly balanced ration developed by nutritionists and has a complete list and guaranteed analysis of ingredients on a label on every bag is the wisest plan.. Soon you will become a rock star of the egg song. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by