wrong mix

chickenmom1

Songster
9 Years
Jan 29, 2010
What do you do if Macmurray sent you the wrong mix in the spring? I asked for a Heavy Brown Egg layer asst. and today one of my chicks layed its first "white" egg. As the chicks were getting older I suspected they weren't right, but what do you do?
J

Hmm. . . That's a tricky one honestly because if your birds are already laying, I don't think they'd send you a refund or replace your birds or anything.
wink.png

This much later from when you purchased them, for all they know, you're trying to con them.

Actually, they looked at the pics I sent them and said they would do what they could to rectify the situation. I may be reraising 25 more chicks this spring or getting a refund. UHHG! I would like my brown egg layers. They realized they did send me the wrong mix. Anyone interested in some 6 month old leghorns? HaHa. I got a rainbow mix instead of a brown egg mix and wasn't sure until they laid the first white egg.
J

Start selling those eggs to recoup your expenses! AND; young hens who just started laying should be able to be sold for a nice premium ;-)

You should be able to sell those point of lay pullets for around ten dollars each, depending on the area. Advertise on Craigslist or at your feed store. This time of year, last year's birds aren't laying so much, a lot of people want a hen that's laying.

Back
Top Bottom