Wry Neck baby duck at TSC

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ladychicken&Ducklover, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    So, I was at TSC today, looking , drooling and exercising extreme willpower over all the new baby ducks and chickies, when , sitting in the corner, I found a baby Pekin with Wry Neck, being trampled, for lack of a better word..:/

I immediately notified an employee . I suggested placing the baby duck, with a little friend, separate from the 100's of adorable , cheeping, jumping , pecking and zooming other babies because I had seen enough of the other babies doing that on top of the baby duck.:rant

I was "assured" the baby would be taken care of within a few minutes, the employee had to Finish " Texting his girlfriend ". :mad:

Unfortunately, I had to get to a doctor's appointment, or I wouldve stuck around and made sure the baby and a friend, wouldve been moved.

I had all kinds of errands afterwards, so it was 5 hours later when I stopped back by .

Well, I didnt see the baby duck at first, so I thought he/she had been removed.

Then, when a big pile of baby ducks and chicks in this one bin, started scattering and zooming all around, there was the baby duck, on the bottom, barely moving. I was a "tad" upset. :mad:

Well, this time, when I went looking for the employee who had the " most knowledge" of baby ducks and chickens, who incidentally was the same kid who was texting earlier, I found him texting over by the horse supplies.

He said he had " forgot " because he had become busy, and would take care of it now.

Anyway, thats that, the baby duck and a friend were moved to a little separate area..

I just HATE seeing things like that, just tears at my heart strings, ya know. ?:hit

Just needed to rant a little, thanks for reading..:he

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    If it was me who saw that I probably would've slapped the employee, kidnapped the duckling with a buddy to keep it company and got myself banned from that shop for life! I get really really upset when I see things like that.
    Hope the little guy's going to be o.k.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by