Wry neck chick with bulge on lower neck

Jordy2123

Hatching
Jun 22, 2021
Hi. I’m new to chicken keeping. I have a silkie chick who developed wry neck on Friday. I’ve been treating with vitamin E. It’s eating yogurt, cottage cheese and apple sauce with vitamin water. I notice this morning there is a bulge on neck right above breast bone. I don’t know if it’s the crop or not. Please send help. Any recommendations are wanted.

Post picture. Why are you feeding it cottage cheese, yogurt and apple sauce?
I read that yogurt and cottage cheese is a good source of protein and selenium. The bulge is his crop filling up to fast due to the bad case of wry neck. Any help with trying to treat the wry neck?

Vitamin therapy for Wry Neck is to give 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet human B-Complex once a day. Give a treat of egg for the uptake of E.

Make sure the chick is eating chick starter and staying hydrated.

Wry Neck is a symptom. Causes of this symptom include disease like Marek's, trauma to the head or neck, sometimes nutritional deficiency or genetics.

Photos of the chick would be welcome.

Vitamin therapy for Wry Neck is to give 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet human B-Complex once a day. Give a treat of egg for the uptake of E.

Make sure the chick is eating chick starter and staying hydrated.

Wry Neck is a symptom. Causes of this symptom include disease like Marek's, trauma to the head or neck, sometimes nutritional deficiency or genetics.

Photos of the chick would be welcome.
I don’t think it’s marek’s. He’s still eagerly eating and drinking. His poor neck is just sooo twisted. According to the vet this morning his crop is becoming full cause Of the neck being so twisted It’s hard for the food to go down. 😩

I'm glad you were able to see the vet, hopefully he will start to get better soon.
Well we saw the vet but he wasn’t much help with the wry neck. So I guess I’ll just continue with the vitamin E and B. Along with mashed starter grow and water. Any other recommendations? We keep going from ok to good then bad.

Photos?
How old is he?

All you can do is try vitamin therapy and see if helps.
Hold his neck upright to help him eat. You can try lightly massaging the neck as well.
Some folks report weeks of therapy and treatment before they see improvement.

Photos?
How old is he?

All you can do is try vitamin therapy and see if helps.
Hold his neck upright to help him eat. You can try lightly massaging the neck as well.
Some folks report weeks of therapy and treatment before they see improvement.
I will send a picture tomorrow morning. If he hold the measuring cup it eats and drinks on it’s on. What other therapy is there? Physical therapy for the neck?

Back
Top Bottom