Wry Neck/Crook Neck - Gauges they may be improving? - Please share your experience.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by feathersweet, Jan 20, 2014.

1. feathersweet

feathersweet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    Thanks to support for BackYard Chickens community, our 4-year old newly adopted (10 days ago) hen is, well, still with us! She is eating by hand-fed methods and taking vitamins along with prendisone as outlined via links other posts with regards to this subject. Now, I am wondering what are some of the signs she is showing improvement (many have shared it may take weeks...up to 3 weeks or more). We are patient. Some have shared that their chickens started raise their heads a little one day for a few minutes and in the next few minutes they were back to their heads in their tilted and twisted. I understand it varies...but do they start to raise it slowly - or all of a sudden their neck straightens out. Again, I have read some on back within 48 hours. (Not Hershey but she is eating and working on standing...and moves her head when we hold her up against our chest...she turns it to hide...or say enough food...or peck in my hand some.) I would love to hear more about the processes...and your observations. And too, a few shared they did everything but their precious chickens did not make it, suffered a seizure...I am sorry. Painful loss. Any insights will help us when we see glimmers. We know we must walk it out...and we are committed but thought I would gather some of the glimmers as we all rest in hope. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by