Wry Neck in 3 day old chick

itolt

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 10, 2013
New Lebanon, OH
My son came in telling me that one of our chicks was looking straight up!! I quickly got online and decided it's got to be wry neck. Please confirm... I found a good website with lots of info about it... http://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/wry-neck.html
I wanted to try to document what goes on and see if anyone has any different suggestions on how to treat it.

I have wrapped it in a towel and syringe fed (added Vitamin E and some fish oil in with liquid feed) her a towel this morning and she's perked up a bit more. I put a little "cage" around her but kept her in the brooder (there are some turkeys in with my chicks). She did peck some chick starter I put in after.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sorry I hadn't gotten on in a while. Update is that chick has made a complete recovery. She was given the vitamin/electrolyte water and then I added the vitamin E and fish oil to her food and that made all the difference. She's back in with her hatch mates and although she's a touch smaller, she's normal like the others. Thanks for the advice you all... needed some help there and appreciated it!

Thank you for the info... she is doing a bit better, is able to eat and drink but still star gazes. I'm going to get the poly vi sol, no iron and add that.

Sorry I hadn't gotten on in a while. Update is that chick has made a complete recovery. She was given the vitamin/electrolyte water and then I added the vitamin E and fish oil to her food and that made all the difference. She's back in with her hatch mates and although she's a touch smaller, she's normal like the others. Thanks for the advice you all... needed some help there and appreciated it!
How lovely! I am so happy she is better! :)

Back
Top Bottom