Wry neck on adult chickem

Marilynn cormier

Hatching
Jun 1, 2020
I have an 11 month old chicken with wry neck. She is a bit wobbly on her feet and when she drinks water and puts her head back to swallow her head rocks back and forth with her eyes closed. It has gotten better as she doesn't do this consistently when she drinks water, and I offer assistance by pushing her head forward. I have been treating her for 4 weeks with about700mgs of vitamin E and selenium rich foods. She eats better than me! I just got selenium gel with vitamin E for goats. I just gave her a pea sized dose this evening....amy idea what the dose should be? With the exception of her haute and neck issues when drinking water she appears healthy...good weight and all. I make sure she stays hydrated by watching her drink water and I also will through a morsel of bread in the water which she loves. I'm wondering how long it will take with this new gel for her to get better, as well as the dosage. Answers comments appreciated.

I have an 11 month old chicken with wry neck. She is a bit wobbly on her feet and when she drinks water and puts her head back to swallow her head rocks back and forth with her eyes closed. It has gotten better as she doesn't do this consistently when she drinks water, and I offer assistance by pushing her head forward. I have been treating her for 4 weeks with about700mgs of vitamin E and selenium rich foods. She eats better than me! I just got selenium gel with vitamin E for goats. I just gave her a pea sized dose this evening....amy idea what the dose should be? With the exception of her haute and neck issues when drinking water she appears healthy...good weight and all. I make sure she stays hydrated by watching her drink water and I also will through a morsel of bread in the water which she loves. I'm wondering how long it will take with this new gel for her to get better, as well as the dosage. Answers comments appreciated.
I just thought I'd share what I did so maybe you can take from it what might help you: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-advice-on-care-not-treatment.1379931/page-4

Back
Top Bottom