Wry Neck?

saltytaco728

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2016
Michigan
Last night when I went to put the chickens away, I noticed that on of my chickens, Wanda, wasn't feeling right. She was in the nesting box while all the other chickens were on the roost. I picked her up and was carrying her around and her neck was floppy. I brought her to the house and set her down so I could get my snow pants off and she couldn't even stand up. I think she was way to cold and starting to freeze. I wrapped her in a towel and her head was flopping all around and I thought she was dying. I got her in the bathroom in front of a heater and gave her some warm sugar water. After a little while she could hold herself up and was eating some of the eggs we gave her. She seemed a lot better so we turned the light off and let her sleep. This morning she is more lively but she was laying on her side and it didn't seem like she could get up. She is able to stand now but it seems like something is wrong with her neck. It's on crooked and leaning to the right. Is that wry neck? I know it can be caused by trauma but is being frozen traumatic enough to cause wry neck? Is there any way to treat this?

Chickens with wry neck have a twisted head.But it can vary in each chicken.wry neck can be caused by a vitamin e deficiency or a head injury.Eggs contain a lot of vitamin e that may be why she is healing.Check her ears for a infection.

Back
Top Bottom