Wry neck

eking121121

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys
I have a gorgeous araucana x girl who I think has wry neck. Her head hangs down completely and is twisted upwards at an angle. I have been using a dropper for 5 days now, feeding her 1 vitamin e liquid capsule a day and some water. She seems to have the energy to twist her head a little and eat, but I haven't actually seen her do it in a while now. We also have pythons around, so is it likely a python would have entered a box with her and her siblings, twisted her neck and left? Anyway, I have become very attached to her, but she is now struggling to swallow water and her neck keeps clicking. She has shown very little improvement. Do u think a vet could do something? I would not spend more than $150, but I really would love to see her recover, and would hat to have to cull her. Thanks.

Hi guys
I have a gorgeous araucana x girl who I think has wry neck. Her head hangs down completely and is twisted upwards at an angle. I have been using a dropper for 5 days now, feeding her 1 vitamin e liquid capsule a day and some water. She seems to have the energy to twist her head a little and eat, but I haven't actually seen her do it in a while now. We also have pythons around, so is it likely a python would have entered a box with her and her siblings, twisted her neck and left? Anyway, I have become very attached to her, but she is now struggling to swallow water and her neck keeps clicking. She has shown very little improvement. Do u think a vet could do something? I would not spend more than $150, but I really would love to see her recover, and would hat to have to cull her. Thanks.
I'm very sorry about your girl:hugs
From the symptoms you describe it sounds like she has Wry Neck which is a symptom of Marek's disease.
You received good advice on your other thread HERE

Sadly, there is no cure or real treatment for Marek's, the best you can do is offer supportive care with vitamins like you have been doing. If this is what she has going on a vet can do nothing for her.

If you have photos or a video of her that you would like to share, we will be glad to take a look and offer any further suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom