Wry neck

Ashodgson

Hatching
Sep 6, 2020
Hi :) I have my first chick born with wry neck. I have read that vitamin E oil helps but I am having trouble finding a dosage amount. Is anyone able to help? Thank you in advance :)

Chicalina

Crowing
Aug 1, 2020
UK
Hi there. I was recommended to give a whole adult human Vit E capsule per day.

Which I did. It didn't work sadly and I lost the chick at 4 days old. I hope it works for you.

Ashodgson

Hatching
Sep 6, 2020
Hi, I’m sorry to hear you lost your little chick. Luckily we have just made it to the 4 day mark so fingers crossed she lives.
Do you happen to remember the mg of vitamin E? It’s only they come in different sizes and I’m getting very confused.
Thank you :)

Hi there. I was recommended to give a whole adult human Vit E capsule per day.

Which I did. It didn't work sadly and I lost the chick at 4 days old. I hope it works for you.
you

Chicalina

Crowing
Aug 1, 2020
UK
20200906_124101.jpg

I bought this off Amazon. It didn't arrive until day 3 I think, so maybe it wasn't in time. I gave a chicken multivitamin before that.

Chicalina

Crowing
Aug 1, 2020
UK
I had no idea either but the fab people here helped me. i wish it had survived but I think the syringe feeding didn't work well and it couldn't swallow properly so food was being aspirated. Its neck was so twisted that it couldn't peck food or drink by itself.

Fingers crossed for your little one.

Ashodgson

Hatching
Sep 6, 2020
I had no idea either but the fab people here helped me. i wish it had survived but I think the syringe feeding didn't work well and it couldn't swallow properly so food was being aspirated. Its neck was so twisted that it couldn't peck food or drink by itself.

Fingers crossed for your little one.

oh gosh, poor little thing. Thank you again :)

Top Bottom