1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wry neck!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Laughingjax, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Laughingjax

Laughingjax Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think one of my 12 week old chickens has wry neck. It came on SO quickly =( I am stressing big time. These are my first time chickens. They are my babies and I care for them so much. Please help me! I live in Melbourne, Australia and all threads I have read say to use Polyvisol, which must be an american product because the pharmacy and store I went to have no idea what it is!! What should I use instead? Thankyou for your time to respond.

2. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    Polyvisol is a liquid infant vitamin and mineral supplement. I'm sure there must be a similar product available in Australia. Below is a link to the Polyvisol web page. Maybe if you took the info to your pharmacist he could recommend a similar product. You would want it without the iron.

http://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/enf10/content.do?id=/Consumer_Home3/Infants/EnfamilPolyViSol2

Good luck!

3. Laughingjax

Laughingjax Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you so much. It is 10pm here so I will head to the pharmacy tomorrow morning with my list of ingredients. Feeling much better now. Thank you =)

4. gallusdomesticus

gallusdomesticus Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Lynn Haven, FL
    There are a lot of threads on this forum about wry neck in chickens. Take heart, it is not necessarily a fatal illness. Good luck with your bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by