Wry neck

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by henney penny, Feb 27, 2015.

1. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    I just read on a poultry forum that feeding your new chicks medicated chick feed can cause wry neck,has anyone else heard that? Its hard for me to believe that as I have almost always feed medicated chick feed and have had only one case of wry neck in 6 years and that chicks was 4 months old

2. rainbowrooster

rainbowrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    I have never heard of such a thing. I have used medicated starter since I was a kid in the 80's

3. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    There's lots of fantasy "information" out there. Mary

4. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012

[​IMG]

Read the above ad and remember to ask your neighbor if he or she
    suffers from Itching Piles before you ask to borrow your neighbors' jar
    of Kickapoo Indian Salve to cure your Pimples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ain't it the truth?

As my old Granny use to say, "Child, you can hear anything and everything in these parts but meat a-frying and money a-rattling."

As for example, it is a known fact that chicken manure is good for chapped lips.

Just coat your chapped lips with 1/2 inch of fresh chicken manure. It won't cure chapped lips worth a darn, but in a heart beat it will for ever more stop you from licking your chapped lips.... this I can guarantee! [​IMG]

OR:
    Instead of tossing your chicken poops in the garden save them up and sell them down at your local holistic medicine RX.

As a child I know that practitioners of "Folk medicine" saved the little white caps off of chicken poops and brewed up a tea out of these little white caps that was supposed to cure everything that ailed you.

As for me and myself, I say a special prayer each and every day asking the all-mighty to bless and preserve the modern chemical industry.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by