1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB: 2 milk goats

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GrayDragon, Oct 11, 2009.

1. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Looking to get a couple milk goats, with at least one preferred to be very young (as in a kid, I'm willing to bottle feed even). Would prefer non-pygmies, but they are cute too. Basically, as long as they are healthy and productive, 'sall good to me. Combing the other ads, but prefer to purchase from someone at least passingly familiar to me if possible, folks here seem to really care about their animals so I've got a bit more confidence in getting a healthy critter.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Oh How I wish we were closer, but maybe you would be willing to drive.

We have beautiful lamancha milk goats and some for sale...

We full time farm and give them a lot of good grains, fresh grass and much care. The milk is just wonderful and we are making cheese, yogurts, kefir, ice cream, and now Butter!

Are you willing to drive to Georgia?

If so, we'd love to have you here to see our goats!

Thanks so much and have a blessed day.

3. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I have wonderful Kinder Milk Goats. They are smaller, with big teats. Sweet and Friendly. I'm probably pretty far away but I will have lots of Registered Beautiful babies for sale in spring. You can look at my website from some older pictures of my herd.

4. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm willing to drive, and my mother in law really wants to see Savannah. Perhaps we could make the trip out come spring and bring a couple goats home. I've been around La Manchas before, most of them were sweet but one was a biter. Beautiful and productive, but nasty disposition. The rest were all great girls though. If MiL doesn't want to go, it's about 20 hours out and 20 hours back...could reasonably do it in a long weekend if my hubby is willing and someone will take the kidlet for a couple days.

KinderKorner, I'm not familiar with kinder goats, what should I know about them?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by